- 1 How do you make cereal bars from scratch?
- 2 What are cereal bars made of?
- 3 What can you do with unwanted cereal?
- 4 How do you get granola bars to stick together?
- 5 How long do homemade cereal bars last?
- 6 Are Cheerios a healthy cereal?
- 7 What is a good healthy cereal?
- 8 What is the healthiest cereal bar?
- 9 How do you eat cereal bars?
- 10 How do you freshen up stale cereal?
- 11 What should I serve with cereal?
- 12 How do you level up cereal?
- 13 Why don’t my granola bars stick together?
- 14 What is a good binder for granola bars?
- 15 How do you get energy bars to stick together?
How do you make cereal bars from scratch?
- Line a 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter and honey in a medium size sauce pan. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the dry cereal and stir until completely coated. Then press into the lined pan.
- Refrigerate bars for one hour, or until ready to serve.
What are cereal bars made of?
Cereal Bars Recipe For some reason, I don’t really like the final handful in each bag. It’s usually made up of broken pieces of cereal, cereal dust and more cereal dust.
What can you do with unwanted cereal?
15 Dessert Recipes to Use Up Your Leftover Cereal
- Cereal Pops. These treats are like a party in popsicle form.
- Cereal Milk Baked Donuts. You can never go wrong with donuts, especially when they’re baked instead of fried.
- Cereal Macarons.
- Cereal Cannolis.
- Milk and Cereal Smoothies.
- Cereal Yogurt Bark.
- Peach Cobbler Ice Cream Cake.
- Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal Bars.
How do you get granola bars to stick together?
Great granola bars put the flavor of the oats at the forefront while supporting players back them up with a mellow sweetness. We found that toasting the oats with a little oil and salt before mixing them with the other ingredients really deepened their flavor.
How long do homemade cereal bars last?
We’ve found that homemade granola bars stay fresh for about 1 week when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Any longer than that and they tend to become a little stale.
Are Cheerios a healthy cereal?
Classic General Mills Cheerios Are High in Fiber, Low in Sugar. For a healthy breakfast, stick to classic Cheerios. “They contain a good amount of fiber and are low in sugar, all those things that we look for [in a healthy cereal ],” Spetz explains.
What is a good healthy cereal?
The 15 Healthiest Cereals You Can Eat
- Oats. Oats are a nutritious cereal choice.
- DIY Muesli. Muesli is both a healthy and delicious type of cereal.
- Homemade Granola.
- DIY Cinnamon Crunch Cereal.
- Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets.
- Post Foods Grape Nuts.
- Bob’s Red Mill Paleo-Style Muesli.
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereals.
What is the healthiest cereal bar?
What are the healthiest cereal bars?
- Best cereal bar overall: Alpen Light Bars (Cherry Bakewell)
- Best cereal bar for sugar content: Fibre One Protein Bars (Caramel and Nuts)
- Best cereal bar for saturated fat content: Alpen Light Bars (Cherry Bakewell)
How do you eat cereal bars?
Fill a small dish with your favorite creamy treat, then top it with a handful of crunchy granola. Finish with fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey, chocolate chips, or your choice of other add-ins. For a lighter alternative, look for non-dairy ice creams made with almond or coconut milk.
How do you freshen up stale cereal?
Simply set you oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, spread your sad, stale cereal evenly onto a sheet pan, and pop it in to toast for 5-10 minutes. Then all you have to do is let it cool and voila — perfect, satisfying, and, most importantly, crispy cereal.
What should I serve with cereal?
The possibilities are endless—start with a dairy product like cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or soy yogurt and then layer on the cereal or granola and fresh fruit. If you’re lacking fresh fruit, some defrosted frozen fruit would work perfectly. Sprinkle some ground cinnamon into your cereal for a flavor boost.
How do you level up cereal?
5 Genius Ways to Upgrade Your Morning Bowl of Cereal
- Berry Au Lait. • 1 cup Frosted Mini-Wheats• 1 cup cereal milk (or regular milk)• 1/8 teaspoon ground instant coffee• 1/4 cup raspberries.
- Kickin’ Crunch. • 1/2 cup Special K Protein• 1/4 cup plain yogurt• 2 teaspoons chopped avocado• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne.
- Tropical Mermaid.
- Pistachio Lemon.
- The Circus.
Why don’t my granola bars stick together?
The answer is lurking in both a binding agent and in the way you lay the granola on the sheet pan. The first element in ensuring that the oats and seeds and whatever else you put in your granola will stick to together is an ingredient that will bind the mixture together.
What is a good binder for granola bars?
Pureed dried apricots add just enough sweetness and function as a tacky binder that helps the granola mixture stick together. While my next batch of oats, nuts, and seeds toasted, I ground 1 cup of dried apricots with the brown sugar in the food processor.
How do you get energy bars to stick together?
Honey and brown sugar help make a glue for the bars. The honey and brown sugar really helps with keeping the bars together. Chocolate chips added to the mixture help, too.