- 1 What goes well with hummus and pita bread?
- 2 What goes with hummus as a snack?
- 3 What is traditionally served with hummus?
- 4 How do you eat hummus with pita bread?
- 5 Can you eat hummus everyday?
- 6 What can you eat with hummus to lose weight?
- 7 What can you put in hummus to make it taste better?
- 8 What’s a healthy snack to eat with hummus?
- 9 What is a healthy snack with hummus?
- 10 Should hummus be served warm?
- 11 How do you eat hummus without a pita?
- 12 What veggies are good with hummus?
- 13 What is pita bread good with?
- 14 Is hummus and pita bread a healthy snack?
- 15 Is Homemade hummus healthy?
What goes well with hummus and pita bread?
A few of the best foods to eat hummus with include using it as a:
- Veggie dip like celery, carrots, broccoli, or cauliflower.
- Fruit dip like sliced apples.
- Chip dip for pita chips, duh.
- Spread on sandwiches and wraps.
- Sauce for pastas and salads.
What goes with hummus as a snack?
TOP 10 HEALTHY HUMMUS SNACKS
- Dipping with Fresh Veggies. What Top 10 list could be complete without mentioning the most common hummus snack?
- Mayonnaise Replacement on Sandwiches and Wraps.
- Nutrition Bowls.
- Warm Pita.
- Savory Oats.
- Dehydrated Sweet Potato or Eggplant Toast.
- Chocolate Flavors as a Nutella Replacement.
What is traditionally served with hummus?
Traditionally, hummus is served on a large plate, usually drizzled with olive oil and herbs and accompanied by fresh pita, tomato, onion, cucumber salad and maybe some falafel.
How do you eat hummus with pita bread?
Add a few glugs of good olive oil I recommend spooning hummus onto a plate, drawing a circle in the middle of the blob of hummus with the same spoon, and pouring olive oil into that spot. When you scoop up the hummus with vegetables, pita or a pita chip, make sure to get some olive oil and hummus in the same bite.
Can you eat hummus everyday?
Is it bad to eat hummus everyday? Laura reveals: ‘ Hummus can be part of your daily diet as long as it is eaten in moderation and the rest of your diet contains a wide variety of foods.
What can you eat with hummus to lose weight?
Spread it onto your favorite wrap, pita pocket or sandwich instead of other high-calorie spreads like mayonnaise or creamy dressings. Hummus also makes a tasty dip and is best paired with crunchy foods like celery, carrots, cucumbers and sweet peppers.
What can you put in hummus to make it taste better?
1. Add salt, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, and cayenne to taste. Maybe that grocery store hummus is not quite seasoned to your liking. It might just need a touch more of the flavor -boosters you ‘d normally use to season hummus (salt, lemon, spice)—start slowly and taste as you go.
What’s a healthy snack to eat with hummus?
- Hummus Sweet Potato Toast. from left to right: Original Hummus, Spicy Avocado Hummus, Dark Chocolate Hummus.
- Cucumber Hummus Bites. 1 cucumber, sliced into 16 slices.
- Hummus Dipped Bananas. 1 banana, peeled and halved.
- Hummus Avocado Toast. 1 slice of whole-wheat or gluten-free bread.
- Hummus & Vegetable Sushi Rolls.
What is a healthy snack with hummus?
This easy-to-assemble snack board combines veggies, pita, crackers, pretzels and hummus for a colorful and healthy snack everyone can enjoy! Sliced rainbow bell peppers, cucumbers and carrots are ready for dipping.
Should hummus be served warm?
You can serve the hummus warm or cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve cold or at room temperature. When ready to serve, drizzle the top of the hummus with a little olive oil and lemon juice.
How do you eat hummus without a pita?
Give the pita chips a break, and try something new — you won’t be disappointed.
- Grilled Greek Pizza.
- Baked Hummus And Spinach Dip.
- Latke Benny.
- Collard Wraps With Carrot Hummus.
- Veggie Nori Rolls.
- Green Goddess Hummus Sandwich.
- Jalapeño Breakfast Sandwich.
- The Big Vegan Bowl.
What veggies are good with hummus?
“Get creative with different veggies —sliced peppers, jicama, radish slices, celery, cherry tomatoes, snap peas, cucumbers, cauliflower, and broccoli florets are all great ways to change up what you dip into hummus,” Michalczyk says. You’ll get a great crunch and tons of nutrition.
What is pita bread good with?
23 Easy And Inexpensive Meals You Can Make With Pita Bread
- Breakfast Pita Pizza. Lisa Lavery / chow.com.
- Whole Wheat Pita Pockets with Romaine, Roasted Beets, Chicken & Manchego Cheese.
- Jalapeño Popper Pita Pizza.
- Homemade Hummus with Spiced Pita Chips.
- Easy Brussels Sprouts Pita Pizzas.
- Pita Quesadillas.
- Blackberry & Ricotta Pita Pizza.
- Hummus-Stuffed Pitas.
Is hummus and pita bread a healthy snack?
The spread is made from chickpeas, and is rich in potassium, calcium, vitamin A, and folate, among other vitamins. The protein and healthy fat content also make hummus a delicious and smart choice. By pairing hummus with whole wheat pita bread, you have a complete snack that will keep you feeling full for hours.
Is Homemade hummus healthy?
Hummus is naturally high in good fat because of its sesame seed and olive oil content, with around 1 tbsp (30g) containing 8g of unsaturated fats. Hummus is low in carbohydrates and is also a fairly good source of plant-based protein and fibre.