- 1 Which of the following is the Mexican word for lunch?
- 2 What is the traditional Mexican cornmeal beverage called?
- 3 What beverage was the most popular during the time of the Aztecs?
- 4 Which dish is a specialty of the Mexican plains region of Mexico?
- 5 What is Almuerzo?
- 6 What do you want for lunch in Spanish?
- 7 What does atole mean in Spanish?
- 8 What is the flat bread of Mexico called?
- 9 What does the Spanish word atole mean in English?
- 10 What kind of meat did Aztecs eat?
- 11 What is the most popular beverage in the Caribbean?
- 12 What did the Aztecs do for fun?
- 13 What is Mexico’s national dish?
- 14 What part of Mexico has the best food?
- 15 What food is rarely eaten in Mexico?
Which of the following is the Mexican word for lunch?
Lunch – Almuerzo (ahl-mwer-zoh)
What is the traditional Mexican cornmeal beverage called?
Atole (pronounced ah-TOH-leh) is a traditional beverage in Mexican cuisine made from masa harina, the type of corn flour that is traditionally used to make corn tortillas. (For atole made from rice, try the Guatemalan version, atolillo.)
What beverage was the most popular during the time of the Aztecs?
Water, maize gruels and pulque (iztāc octli), the fermented juice of the century plant (maguey in Spanish), were the most common drinks, and there were many different fermented alcoholic beverages made from honey, cacti and various fruits.
Which dish is a specialty of the Mexican plains region of Mexico?
Enchiladas Mole: Known as the national dish of Mexico, mole poblano is perhaps the most well-known type of mole. There are about 20 different ingredients used to make mole poblano, including mulatto peppers and chocolate. We pour it over chicken-filled enchiladas.
What is Almuerzo?
Southwest.: the first substantial meal of the day taken usually just before noon.
What do you want for lunch in Spanish?
¿Qué quieres para almorzar?
What does atole mean in Spanish?
masculine noun (Latin America) cornflour drink.
What is the flat bread of Mexico called?
Tlayudas ( Mexican Tortilla Flatbread )
What does the Spanish word atole mean in English?
: corn meal that is cooked and eaten as mush or that is drunk as a thin gruel.
What kind of meat did Aztecs eat?
Meat and fish Rabbits, birds, frogs, tadpoles, salamanders, green iguanas, pocket gophers and insects (and their eggs and larvae) all served as valuable food sources. The Aztecs also ate domesticated turkeys, duck and dogs, and at times larger wild animals such as deer.
What is the most popular beverage in the Caribbean?
What to drink in the Caribbean? Top 10 most popular Caribbean beverages
- Spirit. Gold Rum. Caribbean.
- Coffee ( Beverage ) Cuban Espresso. Cuba.
- Cocktail. Bacardi. Cuba.
- Spirit. White Rum. Caribbean.
- Cocktail. Cuba Libre. Havana.
- Cocktail. Daiquiri. Santiago de Cuba Province.
- Cocktail. Mojito. Cuba.
- Spirit. Rum. Caribbean. North America.
What did the Aztecs do for fun?
The main thing Aztecs would do for entertainment was play various board and ball games. The Aztec people would dance, play music, tell stories and read poems. Music and dance was an important part of the Mesoamerican and South American culture.
What is Mexico’s national dish?
Mexico’s National Dish, Turkey with Chocolate Chile Sauce: Mole Poblano.
What part of Mexico has the best food?
Mexico’s 9 Best Destinations For Foodies
- Puebla. Mexican restaurant chef in Teotihuacan, Puebla, Mexico.
- Oaxaca. Wikimedia Commons.
- Todos Santos, Baja, Mexico. Credit: K.C. Dermody.
- Merida, Yucatan. Marquesita stand in Merida.
- Jalisco, Guadalajara. Credit: jeffk.
- Puerto Vallarta. Credit: City Foodsters via Flickr.
- San Cristobal. Credit: CharlieOnTravel.
What food is rarely eaten in Mexico?
More ground beef, yellow cheese, wheat flour, and canned vegetables—ingredients that were seldom used within the borders of Mexico. Here are some of the Americanized Mexican dishes that were lost in translation.