- 1 What snacks go well with rum?
- 2 What food goes with rum?
- 3 What snacks go with spiced rum?
- 4 What is the best way to drink rum?
- 5 What cheese goes with rum?
- 6 What kind of rum goes in rum and Coke?
- 7 Does rum go with fish?
- 8 What is spiced rum good with?
- 9 What do you eat with Bacardi White Rum?
- 10 Is Rum good for health?
- 11 Is Rum better than whiskey?
- 12 What is a good sipping rum?
What snacks go well with rum?
High quality rums go well with dark chocolate bars and brownies. They also pair well with desserts and dried fruits such as raisins. Rum with raisin ice-cream is a delicious treat too! Banana is yet another favorite food pairing for rum, like pineapple.
What food goes with rum?
Sharply flavoured rum cocktails made with lime such as classic daiquiris and mojitos are perfect pairings for seafood. Think shrimp/prawns, fish tacos and raw fish preparations such as ceviche. Sweeter pina coladas – rum, coconut and pineapple – are great with chicken, especially fried chicken or chicken satay.
What snacks go with spiced rum?
Candied nuts. The spices of the rum pair well with the nutty flavour of this snack, which is only improved by the sweet coating that highlights the rum’s sugarcane origins. Fresh fruit. The sweetness of fruit like mango and pineapple pair well with the Spiced rum, refreshing you after this spicy tipple.
What is the best way to drink rum?
How to drink rum — just like whiskey with a splash of water or ice, and a slice of lime. Or simply drinks it neat in a small glass, warmed between your hands.
What cheese goes with rum?
Rum, whisky & cognac pair well with sweeter cheeses Rum is sweet and distilled with sugar, so rum (and good tequila, too) pairs well with sweeter cheeses – as well as with cheeses that are typically served with sweet condiments. This includes hard, aged cheeses, like Gouda, Havarti cheeses and even blue cheese.
What kind of rum goes in rum and Coke?
White rum: Also known as light rum, white rum is the most common type of rum used in a classic Rum and Coke. White rums generally have a light sweetness and are an agreeable, easy-to-drink choice.
Does rum go with fish?
Rum is the drink of sailors, so it’s only natural to pair it with seafood! Sipping a glass of rum with a slice of pineapple on the rim won’t overshadow the entree’s flavors. Vodka. Even a strong liquor such as vodka can really hit the spot when you’re pairing it with fresh seafood.
What is spiced rum good with?
Here are the seven best things to mix with spiced rum.
- Coke. A simple Rum and Coke is one of the most recognized bar orders, and it’s been in the drinking lexicon in one way or another since the early 1900s.
- Cold Brew.
- Ginger Beer.
- Apple Cider.
- Pineapple Juice.
- Iced Tea.
What do you eat with Bacardi White Rum?
9 Food Pairings For Rum That Might Surprise You
- Jibarito. Let’s start with something a bit more traditional to the Caribbean, but not so much to the world.
- Cheese. You can never go wrong with cheese.
- Chocolate. Rum works well with chocolate and steak, so why not combine the latter and make a threesome of the bunch.
Is Rum good for health?
Rum consumption can give you a healthy and strong heart. Also, it decreases cholesterol levels in the body. It is also a good drink for peripheral artery disease prevention and is a blood thinner, which can help combat artery blockages, prevent heart attacks and heart disease.
Is Rum better than whiskey?
Similarly, rum helps to increase the mineral density of bones, alleviating arthritis when taken in small measures. It is also known that Whiskey is lower in calories than rum. While Rum is usually mixed with other drinks, such as coke or ginger ale, whiskey is often enjoyed alone.
What is a good sipping rum?
The 18 Best Rums That Make the Case for Sipping
- Chairman’s Reserve Finest St. Lucia Rum.
- Diplomatico Rum Reserva Exclusiva. drizly.com.
- The Real McCoy 12 Year Single Blended Rum. wine.com.
- Clement VSOP Rhum. flaviar.com.
- Plantation Isle of Fiji. drizly.com.
- Don Q Reserva 7.
- Don Papa Rum 10 Years.
- Rhum J.M. V.S.O.P. Rum.