- 1 How do you make chocolate pudding pie from scratch?
- 2 What is chocolate pie made of?
- 3 Why is my chocolate pie runny?
- 4 How many calories are in a fried chocolate pie?
- 5 How do you make a Oreo pie crust from scratch?
- 6 How do you make banana cream pie from scratch?
- 7 What can I use for pie weights?
- 8 Does chocolate pie need to be refrigerated?
- 9 Is Bittersweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate the same?
- 10 How do you thicken a pie filling?
- 11 How do you fix a runny pie filling?
- 12 How do you fix runny chocolate pudding?
- 13 Can you freeze fried pies?
How do you make chocolate pudding pie from scratch?
- Prepare the frozen pie crust according to package instructions.
- In a medium sized saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, flour, salt, and egg until well blended.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Refrigerate 4 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Top with whipped cream, and chocolate shavings, if desired, and serve.
What is chocolate pie made of?
We start with sugar, egg yolks (you can save the whites for an Angel Food cake or Funfetti cake!), cornstarch (to help firm up the chocolate pie and make it sliceable rather than soupy!), salt, milk, and heavy cream.
Why is my chocolate pie runny?
You need to cook the filling long enough so the mixture coagulates (that happens at 160 degrees), but if you cook it too long, and don’t stir the mixture enough (stirring keeps the temperature down), you’ll overcook the custard: Overcooking breaks down those all-important proteins, and that’s when the weeping starts.
How many calories are in a fried chocolate pie?
Per pie (without ice cream or sauce): 556 calories (percent of calories from fat, 64), 6 grams protein, 46 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 41 grams fat (20 grams saturated), 80 milligrams cholesterol, 440 milligrams sodium.
How do you make a Oreo pie crust from scratch?
Place Oreo Cookies into a food processor or large zip top bag and crush until cookies are crumbs. Remove and place into a medium mixing bowl. Pour in melted butter and stir until well combined. Transfer to a 9 inch pie plate, pressing firmly on bottom and up sides to make an even crust.
How do you make banana cream pie from scratch?
- Bake and cool pie crust per recipe directions.
- Slice bananas and arrange over cooled pie crust.
- Mix vanilla pudding mix and cold milk until combined.
- Spread pudding mixture over the bananas.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and decorate with banana slices and caramel or chocolate shavings if desired.
What can I use for pie weights?
What to Use If You Don’t Have Pie Weights
- If you’re blind- baking and don’t have pie weights, try using:
- ① Dried beans: Set parchment paper or foil on top of the dough, then fill ‘er up with dried beans.
- ② Rice kernels: Use parchment paper or foil here, too, plus rice.
Does chocolate pie need to be refrigerated?
After baking, pie should be left at room temperature as the cooling process normally takes 2-4 hours. Within 4 hours, the pie should then be placed in the refrigerator. Cover loosely with plastic wrap until serving. Pie may be refrigerated for 2-3 days.
Is Bittersweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate the same?
Unsweetened chocolate, as its name indicates, contains absolutely no added sugar, while bittersweet chocolate has anywhere from about 10% to 50% sugar. Because of the difference in sugar content, these two types of chocolate are not interchangeable in recipes.
How do you thicken a pie filling?
When thickening a fruit pie filling, there are several options to consider. Very often flour or cornstarch is used, but in certain instances tapioca, arrowroot and potato starch can also help achieve the desired consistency.
How do you fix a runny pie filling?
Here are some tips to prevent runny apple pie.
- Precook the filling.
- Reduce the juice.
- Experiment with different thickeners.
- Vent the top crust.
- Try a lattice or crumb top crust.
- Bake thoroughly — and then some.
- Let the pie cool completely — preferably overnight.
How do you fix runny chocolate pudding?
Tips to thicken pudding
- Just try popping your runny pudding in a fridge first and leave it overnight.
- Always stir the mixture gently and avoid beating so much air into the pudding, that’s why a spoon in this way is more preferred than a whisk.
Can you freeze fried pies?
You can certainly freeze them, I do it all the time. Let them cool to room temperature on the counter. Seal them well, I tend to use good plastic freezer bags and use a straw to suck the air out. Don’t stack them until they are frozen solid.