- 1 What should I put in my auction basket?
- 2 What goes in a silent auction basket?
- 3 What do you fill the bottom of a gift basket with?
- 4 How do you make a cheap gift basket?
- 5 What are some good silent auction items?
- 6 What are good auction items?
- 7 How do you ask for silent auction items?
- 8 How do you write an auction description?
- 9 What is a mystery auction?
- 10 What are the most popular gift baskets?
- 11 How do you make a professional looking gift basket?
- 12 How do you add height to a gift basket?
- 13 How do you make things stand up in a gift basket?
- 14 What do you put in a self-care gift?
What should I put in my auction basket?
Putting out a variety of themed baskets ensures the auction will appeal to virtually all bidders. Category: Food & Drink
- A Spot of Tea.
- Chocolate Celebration.
- Cheers to Beer.
- Epicurean’s Delight.
- Here Comes Baby.
- Garden in a Box.
- One-stop Wrap Shop.
What goes in a silent auction basket?
Suggested items: Beach towels, beach toys, balls, sunblock, sunglasses, gift cards to mini golf or other summer activities, yard toys (Frisbee, plastic bowling pins), bubbles, sidewalk chalk. Creative twist: Present the items in a small outdoor sandbox.
Regardless of the basket you choose, you should fill the bottom with crumpled paper or another type of filler before adding the gift items. This filler provides an even, decorative base. Crumpled tissue paper is one of the most common options, but shredded paper, shredded cellophane, and straw can also work well.
How do you make a cheap gift basket?
Gift Basket Ideas And Recipes
- Buy items in sets and divide them among the gift baskets.
- Remove individual popcorn, coffee or cocoa packets from their boxes.
- Shop garage sales and thrift stores for baskets and other containers.
- Dollar stores have lots of great inexpensive gift ideas.
- Use cellophane bags to package your mixes.
What are some good silent auction items?
Here are a few ideas to tap into the popularity of travel at your auction.
- Luxury hotel and resort stays.
- Airline gift certificate.
- Stylish luggage.
- Winemaker tour & tastings.
- Gas for a year (52 gift cards worth $50 each)
- Family trip to a lakeside cabin.
- One-week timeshare.
- Hot air balloon ride.
What are good auction items?
Top 10 Charity Auction Item Ideas
|Item||Ease||Who It’s Great For|
|1. Travel Package||✓✓||Jet Setters|
|2. Signed Memorabilia||✓||Movies, Sports, or Music Fans|
|3. City Bar Crawl||✓✓✓✓||Young Adults|
|4. Best Pizza in Town||✓✓✓||Families|
How do you ask for silent auction items?
Silent Auction Request Letter
- Introduce yourself and your group.
- Include event description, date, time, and place.
- Explain your need, i.e. why you are raising funds.
- Explain their benefit, i.e. what’s in it for them.
- Specifically “ ask ” for their help.
- Give a psychological justification using “because”
- Include a donation form with contact information.
How do you write an auction description?
How To: Write Compelling Auction Item Descriptions
- You’ve got some really fantastic items for your auction this year—how are you going to entice your guests to bid on them?
- Create a Template.
- Grab Attention With a Bold Title.
- Use Power Words for Greater Impact.
- List Features With Bullet Points.
- Entice Your Guests With Photos.
- Coordinate Your Bid Sheets.
What is a mystery auction?
Thoroughbred horses, where yearling horses and other bloodstock are auctioned. Mystery auction is an auction where bidders bid for boxes or envelopes containing unspecified or underspecified items, usually on the hope that the items will be humorous, interesting, or valuable.
What are the most popular gift baskets?
Here are the best gift baskets for your loved ones.
- Best Overall: Williams-Sonoma.
- Best Classic: Gourmet Gift Baskets.
- Best for Foodies: Mouth.
- Best Packaging: Gift Tree.
- Best for Hostess: Stonewall Kitchen.
- Best for Local Favorites: Goldbelly.
- Best Baked Goods: Milk Bar.
- Best Fruit Basket: The Fruit Company Simply.
How do you make a professional looking gift basket?
Tips for Building a Great Gift Basket
- Plan ahead, if possible. If you know your theme for the basket, shop early and keep your eyes open for items on sale.
- Think outside the basket.
- Build up your base.
- Put your tall items in the back.
- Keep your items secured.
- Put something inside the glass jars, mugs or beverage containers.
- If you’re going to wrap…
How do you add height to a gift basket?
If your basket has high walls, use crumpled paper to add a cushion in the bottom of the basket. Keep in mind that the crumpled paper will yield under the weight of the gifts, so make sure you have enough paper to elevate the gifts to the desired height.
How do you make things stand up in a gift basket?
Add a layer of tissue paper to the bottom of your basket to help prop up items. If you’re using a large container, you’ll need lots of tissue and may find it helpful to add newspaper or even a small cardboard box (which you can then cover in tissue paper). Begin by placing one of your sturdiest items in the center.
What do you put in a self-care gift?
Subscribe to our email list for great gift ideas right before holidays and big occasions.
- The 5-Minute Journal.
- LUSH-Quality Bath Bombs.
- Wood Crackling Candles.
- Self – Care Subscription Clubs.
- Daily Affirmation Socks.
- Hourly Tracking Water Bottle.
- Weighted Blanket.
- The Blue Day Book.