- 1 Which food is considered a more healthful snack?
- 2 Which oil is a source of healthful fat?
- 3 Which percentage is in the appropriate range for a snack to be considered a good source of nutrients?
- 4 Which food should make up less than 10 of your total calories?
- 5 What can I eat at night to lose weight?
- 6 What can I snack on at night to lose weight?
- 7 What are fatty foods to avoid?
- 8 Which fat will make a person full the longest?
- 9 Which oil is most healthy?
- 10 Which statement if a woman exercises 25 minutes each day?
- 11 Which method is used to get consumers to eat more?
- 12 Which food is a good source of vitamin A and helps to maintain eyesight?
- 13 What is the proper sequence for the process of keeping food safe?
- 14 What number falls within the range of a normal BMI?
- 15 What BMI percentile falls outside of the healthy range?
Which food is considered a more healthful snack?
Fruits and vegetables are good choices for healthy snacks. They are full of vitamins and low in calories and fat. Some whole-wheat crackers and cheeses also make good snacks.
Which oil is a source of healthful fat?
Healthy fats, including Canola oil, olive oil, nut oils (peanut, walnut, hazelnut) can be used to replace unhealthy satured fats, such as bacon fat, pictured, in the diet. A staple of the Mediterranean diet, olive oil has long been associated with a reduction in cardiovascular disease.
Which percentage is in the appropriate range for a snack to be considered a good source of nutrients?
The answer is 15 % According to FDA, a snack is considered as ” good source” of nutrients if it contain between 10 % – 19% of daily Value nutrients.
Which food should make up less than 10 of your total calories?
Saturated fat and trans fat (for instance, from fatty meats or full-fat dairy products) can raise cholesterol and increase the risk of heart disease. Saturated fats should make up less than 10% of a person’s daily total calories. Trans fats should be kept as low as possible.
What can I eat at night to lose weight?
Whole, minimally processed foods like berries, kiwis, goji berries, edamame, pistachios, oatmeal, plain yogurt and eggs make easy, tasty and healthy late- night snacks. Many of these foods even contain sleep-supportive compounds, including tryptophan, serotonin, melatonin, magnesium and calcium.
What can I snack on at night to lose weight?
The following are some of the best snacks for weight loss.
- Hummus and vegetables. Hummus is a traditional Mediterranean dish that people make from pureed chickpeas.
- Celery sticks and nut butter. Celery is a low-calorie vegetable.
- Fruit and nut butter.
- Low-fat cheese.
- Hard-boiled eggs.
- Greek yogurt with berries.
What are fatty foods to avoid?
Unhealthy or “bad” fats
- Commercially-baked pastries, cookies, doughnuts, muffins, cakes, pizza dough.
- Packaged snack foods (crackers, microwave popcorn, chips)
- Stick margarine, vegetable shortening.
- Fried foods (French fries, fried chicken, chicken nuggets, breaded fish)
Which fat will make a person full the longest?
Saturated fat will keep you full the longest. A saturated fat is a fat in which the fatty acids all have single bonds. A fat is made of two kinds of smaller molecules: monoglyceride and fatty acids.
Which oil is most healthy?
- Experts advise opting for an oil lower in saturated fat, and higher in other types of fats that are healthier in moderation.
- Olive oil, which is made by crushing olives and separating the oil from their pulp, is renowned for being the healthiest of plant oils.
Which statement if a woman exercises 25 minutes each day?
Answer: The correct answer would be D, It depends upon the woman’s level of activity. Explanation: Normally 20 to 30 minutes on daily exercise is enough for people to stay healthy and fit.
Which method is used to get consumers to eat more?
The method that is used to get consumers to eat more is the descriptive labeling. Companies put nice words pertaining to their product in the packaging to entice the consumers to buy more and consume.
Which food is a good source of vitamin A and helps to maintain eyesight?
Carrots contain lots of beta carotene and Vitamin A, which can contribute to your eyes ‘ health and may provide a fantastic source of eye vitamins for macular degeneration and cataracts. Good sources of Vitamin A and rhodopsin are also abundant in carrots.
What is the proper sequence for the process of keeping food safe?
The core messages of the Five Keys to Safer Food are: (1) keep clean; (2) separate raw and cooked; (3) cook thoroughly; (4) keep food at safe temperatures; and (5) use safe water and raw materials.
What number falls within the range of a normal BMI?
If your BMI is 18.5 to 24.9, it falls within the normal or Healthy Weight range. If your BMI is 25.0 to 29.9, it falls within the overweight range.
What BMI percentile falls outside of the healthy range?
87th BMI percentile falls outside of the healthy range. 85th percentile to less than 95th percentile is overweight.